Southwest Airlines Internship Applications
You can find out about Southwest Airlines current internship recruitment and apply at Southwest Airlines the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at the world’s largest airline company!
Available Internship Positions: Technical Operations- Engineering & Reliability Intern, Employment or Leadership Development Intern, Airport Affairs Intern, Internal Audit- Information Technology Intern, Strategy Consultant Intern, Innovation Intern, Culture Services Intern.
What information is needed to apply? A current resume is all that is needed to apply. If you move forward in the interview process, you will be asked for your transcripts, two letters of recommendation, and a “Why Southwest?” essay. Certain positions may also ask for additional information at the interview stage, such as portfolios, writing samples, or examples of project work.
When do I apply?
|Spring||Jan. – May||Apply in Aug. – Sept.|
|Summer||May – Aug.||Apply in Oct. – Nov.|
|Fall||Sept. – Dec.||Apply in Feb. – Mar.|
Can I apply for multiple internships? Yes, students can apply for those positions for which they are interested and qualified. We recommend that students only apply for positions that best relate to their coursework or major or are relevant to their work experience. An applicant must meet all requirements to be considered.
High School Internships
Campus Reach now offers an eight-week High School Internship Program in Dallas during the summer. Our hands-on program provides high school students with exposure to the corporate world, and emphasizes the importance of education and opportunities beyond a diploma or degree. We hope to see our high school interns return as college interns some day!
- Application Posting Dates: TBD
- High School Internship Dates: TBD
High School Internship Criteria:
- Must be available to work part-time (20-30 hours/week) in Dallas
- Must be currently enrolled in high school as a sophomore or junior level student
- Must be at least 16 years of age as of June 13, 2016
- Must be able to provide transportation to/from Southwest Airlines Headquarters
- 3.0 or above cumulative GPA (preferred)
- Classroom experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work on a team and individually
- Involvement in extracurricular activities preferred
- Quick learner, self-motivated, respectful, courteous, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
Potential Areas of Engagement Include:
- Human Resources (We call it the “People Department”)
- Technical Operations
- Southwest Airlines University
As an Intern, your day-to-day activities may include, but are not limited to:
- People Department: Onboarding New Hires, Intern event coordination and planning, scheduling interviews, hiring events, scanning documents, and compliance audit data gathering
- Technology: helping with logistics for our new reservation system, researching tools/training we need to build, and transitioning templates to our refreshed branding
- Technical Operations: Data entry, preparing documents for imaging, relabeling, and filing aircraft information
- Facilities: Print, bindery, mail, shipping & receiving, large scale print, and event space management
- Southwest Airlines University: Organize materials for meetings, presentations, and reports; assist with special projects and events as requested (classes, workshops, training, etc.)
How to Apply for Intern at Southwest Airlines;
Using the link below you can list all current intern positions and apply to the position that suits you.