Ross Dress For Less Summer Internship Applications
You can find out about Ross Dress For Less’s current internship recruitment and apply at
the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at the world’s largest Department stores!
Assistant Buyer Internship Job
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2015 revenues of $11.9 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® (“Ross”), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with over 1,270 locations in 34 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 170 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 15 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
- Customer focus
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
- Perform the administrative & operational functions supporting a designated buyer.
- Handle purchase order management and administration as well as processing markdowns. This includes writing orders, changes, cancellations and necessary follow-up (both internally and externally) to ensure key shipments are delivered and processed.
- Analyze and interpret key business issues as directed by supervisor including the monitoring of regional merchandise reports, Open-to-Buy monitoring, and stock analysis.
- Develop effective relationships with vendors. This includes appropriate level of interaction with vendors in terms of both problem resolution and follow-up.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively utilize the merchandising systems and understand warehouse processes. Includes utilizing systems and preparation of reporting to allow for interpretation of the business.
- Demonstrate product knowledge through sharing information with buyer as a result of competitive shopping, shopping Ross Stores, and the market.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong retail math skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical and PC skills, with an emphasis on spreadsheet applications
- Desire to work as an Assistant Buyer upon Graduation
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Vendor Relationships
- Analysis & Judgment
How to Apply Internship in Ross Dress For Less
Ross Dress For Less accepts internship applications via the link below.