Kiewit Internship Applications
You can find out about Kiewit current internship recruitment and apply at Kiewit the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at the Kiewit!
Available Intern Positions: Field/Office Engineer Intern – Underground, Field/Office Engineer Summer 2017 Internship, Procurement Agent Intern, Law Clerk Intern
Internships & CO-OP
Kiewit internships and co-op opportunities allow you to gain real-world experience and tackle the same responsibilities as our full-time employees. Here, you’ll learn directly from experts in the field, expand your knowledge and make major contributions to a variety of challenging projects. Our hands-on approach to learning will prepare you for a successful career after you complete your education. In fact, our last two CEOs started out as a Kiewit interns.
Law Clerk Intern
The following are basic qualifications for the role:
• Currently enrolled in law school
• At least 2 years of law school complete prior to start date of internship
• Excellent legal research and writing skills, as well as verbal communication skills.
• Previous internship experience preferred.
• Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy; strong organizational skills.
• Experience with MS Office Suite; including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• High level of motivation, willingness to learn – a go-getter willing to go the extra mile.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Willingness and flexibility to travel, as needed.
• Opportunity is based in Omaha, NE
• Work term is 30-40 hours / week over the summer.
• Knowledge of construction and engineering industries a plus.
Procurement Agent Intern
* Pursuing degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Distribution, Construction Management, Engineering or related degree.
* Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Great attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
* Possess strong mathematical and computer skills (experience with Hard Dollar software preferred).
* Must be able to meet deadlines.
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Candidates must possess a strong work ethic.
* Candidates must be a team player and able to act independently with little or no supervision.
* Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA Requirements is preferred.
* Must be willing to travel and /or relocate as the project requires.
Field Engineer Co-Op Fall 2017
• Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related degree.
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings.
• Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office. Familiarity with SureTrak, Hard Dollar, Revit, SAP, Pro Log and/or Primavera “P6” is preferred.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• Strong work ethic – Highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right.
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
• Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA Requirements is preferred.
• The ability to travel and/or relocate as required.
How to Apply for Intern at Kiewit;
Using the link below you can list all current intern positions and apply to the position that suits you.