Success Academy Charter Schools Internship Applications
You can find out about Success Academy Charter Schools current internship recruitment and apply at Success Academy Charter Schools the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at the Success Academy Charter Schools!
Available Internship Positions: Summer Intern, Science Editorial Intern, Teacher Residency Program
Apply Online Success Academy Charter Schools Intern Program
Science Editorial Intern
This is a paid opportunity and we are looking for candidates who are available starting in October for a minimum 10-week commitment. Full-time and part-time interns are welcome.
The Science Editorial Intern will support our Science Team and assist with the preparation of curriculum and assessment materials. This position is critical to the successful implementation of teaching and learning for thousands of teachers and students.
Key responsibilities include:
– Writing, editing and proofreading science units, assessments and other materials to ensure they read well and do not contain errors;
– Supporting in digitizing all of our science curriculum including scholar and teacher facing materials, for our online curriculum platform; and
– Supporting with the organization of curricular materials.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
– Background or strong interest in education and/or Science;
– Extraordinary attention to detail;
– A sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines;
– Ability to communicate concisely; and
– Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
Teacher Residency Program
Our highly selective Summer Intern Program is a six week full-time paid position for current college students between their junior and senior years who are interested in helping children from all backgrounds and all zip codes achieve extraordinary results. As a Summer Intern you will receive extensive professional development from experienced teachers and talented school leaders, get hands-on teaching experience in a fast-paced and joyful environment that sets high academic standards for children, and join a community of leaders committed to transforming public education in New York City and beyond. By the end of the program, successful Summer Interns are considered highly qualified candidates for full-time positions at Success Academies and have the potential to begin a teaching role upon completion of their undergraduate degree.
Key responsibilities include:
– Working collaboratively with leaders across the organization to gain valuable experiential learning in professional development (communication, flexibility, time management etc.) and the foundational skills of a successful educator at Success; and
– Participating in training to benefit from targeted, in-the-moment feedback on classroom management and instruction, and accelerating learning and growth with unparalleled support
– Assuming increased responsibilities and initiative, including accepting and applying critique to become more effective and productive, while progressing towards a full-time teaching position upon college graduation
The ideal candidate will have the following:
– Expected graduation date of May/June 2019
– Cumulative GPA above a 3.0
– Outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership
– Demonstrated passion for teaching and learning and/or the education reform movement
– High moral character
– Flexibility and receptivity to feedback
– Grit and perseverance
– Interest in working in a fast-paced collaborative environment
– Strong interest in pursuing a full-time teaching role with Success Academy upon graduation
– Eligibility to work in the United States
How to Apply for Intern at Success Academy Charter Schools;
Using the link below you can list all current intern positions and apply to the position that suits you.