JEA Internship Applications
You can find out about JEA current internship recruitment and apply at JEA the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at the JEA!
Available Internship Positions: Summer Intern
Apply Online JEA Intern Program
Each year, JEA proudly hosts high school and college students in a wide variety of internship and mentoring programs. These programs provide hands-on experience for students already enrolled in degree and technical programs in their chosen field.
JEA interns, co-ops and mentoring students work directly with JEA employees trained to guide them through the work environment, while also teaching them about the utility industry. Students often get the chance to help complete special projects while working side-by-side with JEA employees.
Career Paths for Co-Ops
JEA internship program is structured to provide you with work experience relevant to your educational and professional goals. As a JEA intern, you’ll have the opportunity to learn about the utility industry, gain exposure to a corporate environment and surround yourself with people committed to helping you learn.
Here are some qualities they look for in JEA interns:
Strong work ethic and initiative
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Provide students with real world, hands on experience
- Enhance leadership skills
- Enhance professional etiquette and presentation skills
- Provide opportunities for professional growth and development
- Competitive salary ranging from $13 to $17 per hour
JEA internship and Co-Op opportunities include work in these JEA departments:
- Computer Information Systems
- Business Administration
2017 Summer Co-Op Program
College students will be selected for an opportunity to gain real world, on-the-job experience, network with business professionals and develop valuable leadership, professional etiquette and presentation skills. The program is a paid 32-hour-per-week, 12-week internship. The tentative dates for 2017 are May 15 – August 4.
Students may apply online February 10 – March 12. Please make sure to include a copy of your updated resume and current transcript with your application, before the March 12 closing date.
- Students must be a rising Sophomore, Junior or Senior
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Preferred Majors: Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Mathematics, Biology/Science
- U.S. citizen or VISA eligible to work in the U.S.
- Provide current transcript and resume with application
What’s the difference between a Co-op and an Internship?
Both provide work experience related to your college major. However, Co-Ops can be multi-term and are paid. For example, a student Co-Op might work in the summer, go to school in the fall and work again at JEA the following summer semester. Internships are usually – but not always – one term and are usually in the fall or spring, and Interns only receive a small stipend for parking.