Becton Dickinson Internship Applications
You can find out about Becton Dickinson current internship recruitment and apply at Becton Dickinson the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at the Becton Dickinson!
Available Internship Positions: Summer Intern, MBA Intern.
Apply Online Becton Dickinson Intern Program
Summer intern programs
Bringing work experience to education
BD summer intern programs enable our long-term talent management strategy by directing our summer interns into our full-time university recruitment pipeline.
We are committed to hiring summer talent who believe in our core values and who will perform successfully after graduating from our summer internship programs. As an intern, participants receive the opportunity to make an impact on teams, projects and leaders while participating in an in-depth orientation, meaningful work experiences, networking activities and other valuable efforts.
Rising seniors (students who have completed their junior year of an undergraduate program)
Graduate students (students who have completed their first year of an MBA program)
Full-time availability from May to August, in a position commensurate with experience
Undergraduate summer intern programs
Enriching your experience
BD is committed to hiring talent who believes in our core values and will be strong performers after graduating from undergraduate programs. During our 10- to 12-week programs, interns/co-ops receive the chance to impact their teams, projects and leaders. BD provides them with meaningful work experiences, mentoring, an in-depth orientation, networking activities, intern events, project presentations and exposure to the many benefits of working at BD.
The goal of our undergraduate summer intern programs is to enhance our organizational vitality by developing a pipeline of candidates for the full-time rotational development programs. The vision of our full-time rotational development programs is to provide entry-level associates who demonstrate the potential for growth with exposure to their respective functions and BD businesses while broadening their business experience and knowledge base.
The IT Summer Intern Program is designed to attract highly talented undergraduate students who want to acquire practical work experience relevant to IT. By working on key projects and processes, while adding value to BD as an intern, they can expect projects that are both challenging and rewarding. They work under the management of a BD associate who serves as a coach to aid and assist in their transition into the corporate environment. As part of the broader BD summer intern programs, IT interns can participate in various networking events, career development sessions and team-building activities. Summer interns who demonstrate solid performance and exhibit promising potential at BD are considered as candidates for our entry-level Information Technology Leadership Program (ITLP), upon the successful completion of their bachelor’s degree.
The Procurement Summer Intern Program gives interns/co-ops the opportunity to enhance their proficiency in procurement processes and gain exposure to the specific challenges of working in a medical device manufacturing company. They report to and work directly with the strategic sourcing managers and/or process associates responsible for the intern/co-op’s assignments one-on-one or as a member of a cross-functional team. Assignments vary depending on business needs, but they generally include discrete projects related to spend analysis, project management, corporate and category support, request for information (RFI) activities and supplier management activities. Interns/Co-ops who demonstrate solid performance and exhibit promising potential at BD are considered as candidates for our entry-level Procurement Development Program (PDP), upon the successful completion of their bachelor’s degree.
The Supply Chain Summer Intern Program is designed to give interns/co-ops the chance to link their education with practical supply chain experience. They work on meaningful projects aligned with our strategies focused on efficiency and savings. They work with the Global Supply Chain Management, Global Trade Compliance and Global Transportation teams to identify opportunities to improve overall supply chain efficiency and cost effectiveness. Interns/Co-ops who demonstrate solid performance and exhibit promising potential at BD are considered as candidates for our entry-level Supply Chain Development Program (SCDP), upon the successful completion of their bachelor’s degree.
IT Summer Intern Program
- Completion of the junior year in IT, Management Information Systems or a related major
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- A prior proven internship or co-op experience (desired but not required)
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and strong leadership potential
- An ability to learn quickly, deal with ambiguity, take initiative and achieve results
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills
Procurement Summer Intern Program
- Completion of the junior year in Procurement/Purchasing, Business Logistics/Supply Chain or a related major by the internship’s start in May
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- Skills and abilities in leadership, teamwork, quantitative analysis, negotiation, Microsoft®* Office, and a drive for results
Supply Chain Summer Intern Program
- Completion of the junior year in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operations Management or a related major by the internship’s start in May
- General knowledge of supply chain management theory and best practice
- Proficiency in Microsoft* Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- A minimum GPA of 3.3 (preferred)
- Prior internship/co-op experience (preferred)
- Basic SAP† software solutions knowledge (preferred)
MBA Summer Intern Program
Shaping your experience
At BD, we recognize the importance of attracting MBA talent to drive our innovation and performance, and to build our leadership pipeline. As a Fortune 500 company and a global leader in the medical technology industry, BD provides MBA recruits with the opportunity to work on critical projects that address some of the world’s most compelling problems and strive to improve human health.
Our need is your opportunity
As BD continues to expand globally, we recognize that accelerating the development of our current and future leaders is crucial. MBA recruits are thus exposed to rewarding experiences early in their career that provide a foundation for their future growth and development.
The MBA Summer Intern Program serves as a key pipeline for engaging and hiring future leaders. MBA interns influence and drive change through customized projects and assignments critical to the business, enabling the acceleration of their career, through both personal and professional development.
The program offers the following opportunities:
- 10- to 12-week assignments in areas such as strategic marketing, strategic innovation, business development and product management
- Assignment availability across the United States (i.e., Baltimore, Maryland; Franklin Lakes, New Jersey;
- Research Triangle Park, North Carolina; San Jose, California; and Sandy, Utah)
- Networking events, career panels, professional development training, executive roundtables, community leadership events and much more
- End-of-summer presentations to senior leadership
- Business impact – Customized projects addressing BD innovation and growth objectives provide MBA interns with opportunities to make a strategic impact on healthcare and BD.
- Leadership team visibility – BD has a unique and exciting culture of open accessibility to senior leaders and business and functional experts. MBA interns gain access to business leaders and experts who provide insight and feedback throughout the summer.
- Career growth – Assignments are designed to accelerate MBA interns’ careers through personal and professional development. A supportive and flexible work environment enables interns to explore areas outside of their own functions/businesses to ensure a rewarding experience.
- Global exposure – Global BD operations expose interns to the worldwide health products market and enable interns to develop a greater understanding of the BD businesses around the world.
- Mentoring and development – Experienced supervisors and project leaders, along with the University Relations department, provide guidance, resources, mentoring and coaching throughout the program, aiding in personal and professional growth.
- Completion of the first year of an MBA degree program by the time the internship begins in June
- Domain knowledge and understanding within the healthcare field
- Advanced cross-functional skills to develop business cases and strategic recommendations
- Demonstrated skills and capabilities in analytical and critical thinking, complex problem solving and team leadership
- Strong business acumen and interpersonal and influence skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
How to Apply for Intern at Becton Dickinson;
Using the link below you can list all current intern positions and apply to the position that suits you.