Anthem Internship Applications
You can find out about Anthem current internship recruitment and apply at Anthem the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at the Anthem!
Available Internship Positions: Press Intern, Actuarial Intern, Events Intern, Inc Intern, Blue Cross Intern, Summer Intern.
Apply Online Anthem Intern Program
Undergraduate Internship Programs
At Anthem, Inc., we believe in creating opportunities for people who are passionate about making a difference – even if their level of enthusiasm exceeds their level of experience.
That’s why we offer a variety of undergraduate internship programs designed to provide a unique, first-hand perspective on the work we do, and the possibilities available within our company and industry.
For us, it’s a great way to find future associates for our team – truly motivated individuals, who are ready to make an impact through innovative ideas and hard work. And, for you, it’s a perfect opportunity to start your career with a respected industry leader.
Our programs for Undergraduates include:
- Actuarial Internship Program
- Business Improvement Group (BIG) Internship
- General Anthem, Inc. Internship Information
- Government Business
- Human Resources
- IT Internship Program
- IT Internship FAQ
- Strategic Sourcing
Actuarial Internship Program
Our Actuarial Internship Program allows students to gain valuable experience in the actuarial field, as well as in a dynamic health care environment. Through actuarial careers with Anthem, Inc., you will have the opportunity to help drive the future of health care, by finding ways to make health care more affordable and more valuable to the public.
- Interns are assigned a mentor who will serve as an informal guide
- Students present their projects to senior leadership in person and through live video conferencing
- Students will gain experience working on a variety of real actuarial projects alongside actuaries of varying experience
- Daily interaction with mentors and final evaluations provide two-way feedback and opportunities to discuss future employment interests
Successful candidates typically possess:
- Current enrollment in an accredited college or university and planned continued enrollment after internship period
- High GPA (or a combination of experience and GPA)
- Participation in an actuarial science, math, or statistics program
- Commitment to an actuarial career (participation in an actuarial club, math associations, attendance at actuarial conferences, etc.)
- Rapid learning ability
- Effective teamwork and written/verbal communication skills
It is not required that you have passed an exam to participate as an actuarial intern; however, we like to know that you plan on taking one during the current/upcoming school year.
Timeline and On-campus Events
- Fall (Sept/Oct) – look for information sessions and on-campus interviews through your career center. If you do not see your campus listed, please apply to the job through our careers site by typing “Actuarial Intern” in the keyword search field
- Become a Facebook fan of Anthem, Inc. at: www.facebook.com/careersatantheminc
- Follow us on Twitter @anthemcareers
- Follow us on LinkedIn: Anthem, Inc.
You’re driven, client-focused, collaborative, strategic, and goal-oriented. You thrive on making an impact by implementing sustainable improvements and leading business transformations. You’re looking for the next BIG thing. You just found it.
To remain leading-edge, Anthem, Inc. employs a highly skilled, versatile, and diverse internal management consulting team, our Business Improvement Group (BIG). This team partners with commercial business and shared service leaders to understand, improve and objectively solve complex, cross cutting challenges; execute upon strategy and implement high value initiatives; and build new business and cultural capabilities to achieve Anthem, Inc.’s vision, values, and objectives.
The business improvement group hosts an exciting internal consultant internship that provides a unique, hands-on experience within our internal management consulting team. As part of this summer internship, you will:
- Help us address pivotal business and organizational opportunities
- Contribute to the achievement of both sustainable improvements and transformational change
- Establish relationships at the executive level across the Anthem, Inc. organization
- Lead an initiative to enhance effectiveness and profitability
Qualification for Undergraduate Program
Interns must have completed two years of college, be enrolled in an accredited university or college and have a 3.0 or above grade point average. Additionally, intern candidates will typically have:
- BA/BS major in one of the following fields: Business Administration, Finance, Communications, Healthcare Management, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Marketing, Engineering, or Technology
- Student leadership experience (preferred)
- Excellent communication
- Analytical and financial acumen
- Project management skills (including time management, risk management, etc.)
- Leadership skills
Qualifications for Graduate Program
Interns must have U.S. work authorization, and be enrolled and in good standing in a full-time, accredited Master’s program. Additionally, intern candidates will typically have:
- Master’s degree in business, healthcare or public affairs related field and 5-7 years’ experience in management consulting, change management, large scale project management and/or process improvement leadership (or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience)
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent communication, cost-benefit analysis, situational leadership and execution skills
- Excellent computer skills, demonstrating fluency with all key packages
- Advanced decision making through data driven analysis
- Ability to provide vision, direction and leadership to high-performing teams, on high-priority, medium-sized projects
- Strong relationship management skills with professionals at all levels within the organization
- Cross-functional perspective and quick, continuous learning style
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment
- Ability to travel up to 25-50% of the time (varies based on project assignment)
Additionally, the following are highly preferred, but not required:
- Healthcare experience
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification or Lean Masters certification
- Project Management (PMP) certification
How to Apply for Intern at Anthem;
Using the link below you can list all current intern positions and apply to the position that suits you.