Liberty Mutual Group Internship Applications
You can find out about Liberty Mutual Group current internship recruitment and apply at Liberty Mutual Group the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at the Liberty Mutual Group!
Available Internship Positions: Summer Intern, High School Intern, MBA Intern.
Apply Online Liberty Mutual Group Intern Program
Graduate level summer internships are available across the organization and are posted in early January for the following summer. Each opportunity offers challenging assignments with Liberty Mutual’s core business functions or corporate departments. To complement the assignments, interns are provided networking opportunities with peers and senior management, as well as professional development sessions.
Corporate Development Program Summer Associate
You’ll be an integral part of a team, get hands-on experience, and contribute to the success of critical assignments. And equally important, you’ll gain exposure to our culture, products, and services through interaction with senior management and formal orientation programs. Opportunities exist for general management, finance, HR and data analytics candidates.
Your assignment will evolve from a critical business need and be designed to give you the opportunity to combine your strategic thinking, core academic knowledge and business acumen. We are looking for individuals who can make an impact on our business; people who are interested in a general management career path.
Assignments could include:
- Driving productivity analysis for an 8,000+ person organization and building a model to estimate the impact of new productivity initiatives
- Creating a process and ROI model for eService team to evaluate and operationalize innovation initiatives with a focus on customer service
- Helping develop an enterprise-wide, future-state workplace plan identifying optimal sizes and locations of offices including office services and amenities and informed by workforce planning.
- Supporting Finance forecasting team through current and future planning and developing analytical reports to support forecasting.
Qualified candidates for this program are currently enrolled in or recently completed an MBA degree program, with 3 to 5 years minimum professional post-Bachelor’s work experience.
Corporate Strategy and Research
The Corporate Strategy and Research group acts as a top-tier consulting team within a Fortune 100 company. The team is directly responsible for providing the insight to support critical business decisions of Liberty Mutual’s CEO and executive team. The group focuses on consulting projects in strategy, operations, finance, marketing and research.
As a summer consultant, you will be responsible for evaluating the impact of alternate management decisions on Liberty Mutual’s operational and financial success. Your work will involve many high-impact assignments, including:
- Performing cross-functional analyses to investigate critical business initiatives
- Developing well-researched business cases to advise senior management on major business decisions
- Creating compelling executive presentations to build business alignment
The team is looking for smart, enthusiastic, and well-rounded self-starters who possess a strong desire to learn. Successful candidates will have a background in consulting or corporate strategy, as well as a genuine interest in the complexities of the insurance and financial services industry.
Qualified candidates for these positions are currently enrolled in or recently completed an MBA degree program, with 3 to 4 years of relevant work experience.
Data Science Program
Liberty Mutual’s Data Science community works in a collaborative environment, addressing a broad array of complex challenges in the insurance industry. As a member of the Data Science community, you will have the opportunity to apply statistical methods to translate business issues into meaningful quantitative analyses, and develop effective models to identify practical solutions.
We offer you the opportunity to bring new techniques to the ever-changing area of predictive modeling. During your internship, you will combine your academic knowledge and technical skillset, as you develop your ability to effectively collaborate with your colleagues. Past internship assignments have included:
- Using Liberty Mutual’s media mix model to estimate the impact of various marketing tactics (marketing mix) on the number of incoming quotes (policies), and then forecasting the impact of future strategies to optimize the allocation of our marketing spend.
- Building frequency and severity models to predict homeowners’ losses based on individual insured characteristics, property/dwelling characteristics, vendor information, and geo-demographic information.
- Building a predictive model to determine the optimal timing and maximal impact for involving an independent medical examination in a worker’s compensation claim.
- Developing a model to provide granular estimates for short-term disability durations. The model allowed Liberty Mutual to identify claims that are running significantly longer than expected.
Qualified candidates for this program are currently enrolled or completing a Master’s or PhD level degree program.
Expand your interests, bring your fresh perspective and be challenged. Liberty Mutual’s internship programs give you the chance to find your fit by working on a variety of critical business assignments, testing your skills, and applying your academic knowledge.
Each year, we place hundreds of interns in positions of immediate responsibility in departments throughout the country. Liberty Mutual’s internship program gives undergrads a chance to test the waters-and in a typical year, the majority of our interns will receive full-time job offers!
Liberty Mutual will be visiting campus career fairs in the fall and spring to talk about our opportunities. Check the recruiting schedule to learn about the visits we have planned for your campus.
Internships are available in:
- Business Analytics
- Distribution & Marketing
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Risk Control
How to Apply for Intern at Liberty Mutual Group;
Using the link below you can list all current intern positions and apply to the position that suits you.