Walmart Summer Internship Applications
You can find out about WalMart’s current internship recruitment and apply at the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at the world’s largest retail stores!
Walmart Field Summer Internship
An exciting pilot internship program with one of the world’s largest retailers.
This is a paid 10-week internship program beginning June 2017 based in a Walmart store, aimed at showcasing the Store Operations career path while focusing on development in areas of the business such as People, Merchandising, and Operations. If required, housing and relocation for the duration of the program will be the intern’s responsibility. Throughout the internship program there may be an opportunity to travel up to one week at a time. This travel expense would be paid for by the company.
During the course of this immersive program, an intern will:
- Be assigned a business project to work on throughout the 10-week program to be presented to senior leadership the final week of the program
- Receive focused learning on how a Walmart store runs
- Ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Model, enforce, and provide direction and guidance to hourly Associates on proper Customer service approaches and techniques to ensure Customer needs, complaints, and issues are successfully resolved within Company guidelines and standards.
- Participate in community outreach programs, and encourage and support hourly Associates in serving as good members of the community.
- Uphold the Company’s Open Door Policy
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Must have an overall Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher
- Must have fewer than 30 credited hours of class before eligible for graduation
- For facilities that sell firearms, I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying will require successful completion of a firearms-specific Criminal Background Check (CBC) and Firearms Authorized Training.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- College major should be related to one of the following degrees: Business Administration, Marketing, Retail Management, or General Merchandising
- Planned graduation date of Summer 2018
2017 Summer Intern: Merchandising Intern
The Merchandising Internship within the Merchandising Team is a summer program designed to provide meaningful experiences for an individual. The program offers an opportunity to work on real world business issues, while being exposed to key leaders within the organization. During your Internship you will be working directly with project teams on specific projects and analyses.
You will be able to collaborate cross-functionally on assignments with stakeholders to understand the results of data analyses and research by communicating results and findings. This Internship is a great opportunity to have hands on training. Take the theories and processes you have studied in school and put them into practice. These hands on experiences will allow you to identify root causes and develop potential solutions and make recommendations based on data and observations.
Given the broad reach and diversity of functions that Walmart/Sam’s Club has, the range of opportunities to grow your career is virtually endless. If you want to work for a company that is passionate, focused, efficient, and has a worldwide impact, we encourage you to apply to our Summer Internship Program.
The Internship is located at our Home Office in Bentonville, Arkansas.
- Entering into senior year of college in Fall 2017
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA or higher
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to influence
- Team-oriented thinking
- Problem-solving skills, assertiveness and strong initiative
- Ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment
How to Apply Internship in WalMart
Walmart accepts internship applications via the link below.