Valero Internship Applications
You can find out about Valero current internship recruitment and apply at Valero the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at the Valero!
Available Internship Positions: Accounting Intern, Summer Intern.
Apply Online Valero Intern Program
Come and be a part of an engaging, fast-paced and meaningful internship! Valero’s Intern Program gives students a chance to turn their knowledge into hands-on experience. Students will have the opportunity to learn from the industry’s best through a formal mentor program, as they take on real-world projects. As a Valero Intern, you will be invited to visit Valero’s Headquarters for the annual Intern Symposium. Symposium is a three-day conference full of guest speakers, professional development sessions, and fun-filled events. The Valero Intern Program is more than a line item on your resume – it will prepare you for your future career.
Are you ready to join the world’s largest independent refiner? Valero is on the search for energetic and motivated students to join the Valero Intern Program. The internship program has an opening for an Accounting Intern who is ready for new and exciting challenges in a fast-paced environment.
The Accounting Internship is a rotational program and will provide you hands-on experience and will allow you to apply accounting concepts and principles to develop the core competencies needed to succeed in a business environment. The internship will begin July 2017 and will continue for a minimum of one year.
Major Accountabilities depending on the Operational/Financial area which you may be assigned:
- Prepares monthly financial reports
- Prepares weekly and monthly account reconciliations
- Processes accounts payable
- Maintains and creates various spreadsheets for the Accounting Department
- Assists in technical accounting research
- Researches tax compliance (federal, state, sales & use, etc.)
- Responds to audit requests in Inventory Accounting
- Assists in budget analysis and financial forecast
- Assists with special projects as needed
Interns may be assigned to one of the following departments throughout the rotational internship:
- Bulk Finished Product Accounting
- Corporate Audit
- Corporate Tax Accounting
- Ethanol/Refining & Analysis
- Inventory & Yield Accounting
- Sales & Use Tax Accounting
- Secondary Tax Accounting
- Vendor Invoice Management & Analysis
- Whole Sale Refined Products
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) in Accounting required.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 (or higher) on a 4.0 scale preferred.
- Obtained at least 60 credit hours by the start of internship required.
- Graduation dates of December 2018 through May 2020 required.
- Able to work 20-25 hours per week during the Fall/Spring semesters required.
- Able to work 40 hours per week during the Summer required.
- This is an on-going internship and will continue a minimum of one year.
- Candidate required to live within commuting distance to San Antonio, TX.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Please include the following in your resume:
Overall GPA and Major – Expected Graduation Date
How to Apply for Intern at Valero;
Using the link below you can list all current intern positions and apply to the position that suits you.