United Nations Internship Applications
You can find out about United Nations current internship recruitment and apply at United Nations the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at the United Nations!
Available Internship Positions: Summer Intern, High School Intern
Apply Online United Nations Intern Program
Why be a United Nations intern?
If you are thinking of entering the world of diplomacy and public policy, an internship at the United Nations could be the ideal start for you.
The objective of the internship is to give you a first-hand impression of the day-to-day working environment of the United Nations. You will be given a real chance to work with our people. As part of our team, working directly with outstanding and inspiring career professionals and senior management, you will be exposed to high-profile conferences, participate in meetings, and contribute to analytical work as well as organizational policy of the United Nations. Initially you will take on the amount of responsibility you can shoulder; the potential for growth, however, is yours to develop.
Can you be a United Nations intern?
Are you enrolled in a Master’s or in a Ph.D. programme, or in the final year of a Bachelor’s programme; or within one year after graduation from a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. programme?
Do you have excellent command of English or French?
Are you neither a child or a sibling of a United Nations Secretariat staff member?
Keep in mind:
- Duration: The internship programme lasts for at least two months and can be as long as six months. Once selected, you must begin your internship either prior to or within one year of graduation.
- Cost: United Nations interns are not paid. All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation, and living expenses must be borne by either the interns or their sponsoring institutions.
- Visa: You will be responsible for obtaining and financing the necessary visas.
- Travel: You will arrange and finance your travel to the United Nations location where you will be an intern.
- Medical insurance: You will be responsible for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the internship and must show proof of a valid major global medical insurance coverage.
- Confidentiality: You must be discreet and keep confidential any and all unpublished information obtained during the course of the internship and may not publish any documents based on such information.
- Academic Credit: You may get academic credit from your institution of higher education for the internship. Check with your university to confirm their academic credit policy for internships.
How to Apply for Intern at United Nations;
Using the link below you can list all current intern positions and apply to the position that suits you.