Stryker Internship Applications
You can find out about Stryker current internship recruitment and apply at Stryker the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at the Stryker!
Available Internship Positions: Summer Intern, Biomedical Engineering Intern, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering Intern, Finance Intern, Human Resources Intern, Sales Intern, Communications Intern,
Apply Online Stryker Internship Program
Amsterdam at Stryker
Stryker Corporation is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies with 2016 revenues of $11,325k and net earnings of $1,647k. Stryker’s products include implants used in joint replacement and trauma surgeries; surgical equipment and surgical navigation systems; endoscopic and communications systems; patient handling and emergency medical equipment; neurosurgical, neurovascular and spinal devices; as well as other medical device products used in a variety of medical specialties.
Stryker was incorporated in Michigan, US, in 1946 as the successor company to a business founded in 1941 by Dr. Homer H. Stryker, a prominent orthopaedic surgeon and the inventor of several orthopaedic products. In the United States, most of our products are marketed directly to doctors, hospitals and other healthcare facilities. Internationally, our products are sold in over 100 countries through company-owned sales subsidiaries and branches as well as third-party dealers and distributors.
In July 2014, Stryker opened its European Headquarters in Amsterdam. The Tax Team responsible for the EMEA & LATAM region is also located in Amsterdam. The internship offers a great opportunity for students to work in an international, dynamic company, getting to know the day-to-day activities of the Stryker Tax Team in Amsterdam which is part of the Global Stryker Tax Team. The activities include assistance with tax compliance, transfer pricing, accounting for income tax, controversy and tax planning.
Proposed activities of the intern: assisting the Stryker Tax department with the following activities for the Stryker entities in the EMEA region, reporting to Eline Wegerif:
- Corporate income tax provision review;
- Corporate income tax return review and coordination;
- Review and approval of corporate income tax payments;
- Quarterly provision review;
- Review of Transfer Pricing documentation;
- Assist with filing of documents required by international legislation;
- Assist with completing several US tax compliance forms, e.g. “reportable transactions”, “boycott questionnaire” and “foreign bank account reporting”
Assist in specific topics in relation to the Dutch tax returns:
- Article 10a analysis;
- Article 13L analysis
Assist in special projects, if possible and available:
- Dividend repatriation;
- Tax audits;
- Keep track completeness of intercompany agreements within Europe.
The intern should at least have passed the following exams:
- Income Tax – Profit;
- Corporation Tax; and
- International Tax Law.
Preferred: VAT and English speaking and writing.
San Jose, CA at Stryker
Who we want
Challengers. People who seek out the hard projects and work to find just the right solutions.
Teammates. Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts and work together to move the business forward.
Charismatic networkers. Relationship-savvy people who intentionally make connections with both internal partners and external contacts.
Strategic thinkers. Interns who propose innovative ideas and consistently exceed their performance objectives.
Customer-oriented achievers. Individuals with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to their partnerships.
Game changers. Persistent interns who will stop at nothing to live out Stryker’s mission to make healthcare better.
What You Get Out of the Internship
Stryker, a global leader in medical technology takes great pride in their people, and that’s why we’re looking to expand our talent. As a result, we are looking for the best and brightest students to strengthen our team and drive our business going forward. Stryker Regulatory interns will get to:
- Interact with multiple key stakeholders of the business
- Learn about regulations within the medical device industry
- Implement new ideas, be constantly challenged, and develop your skills
- Network with key/high-level stakeholders and leaders of the business
- Be a part of an innovative team and culture
As a Regulatory intern at Stryker, you will:
- Work cross functionally with different departments including R&D Engineering, Supplier Quality, Marketing, and Clinical Affairs to assist in regulatory decision-making and develop a broad understanding of the medical device industry.
- Perform Regulatory Intelligence activities to ensure divisional regulatory strategy remains optimally efficient amidst changing regulations and increasing liability.
- Prepare various regulatory submissions for registering products globally to ensure Stryker products can reach our patients around the world.
- Shadow RA Specialists at new product development meetings to gain exposure to the collaborative design and development process associated with bringing a new product to market.
- Help develop robust Regulatory assessments and strategy for proposed change notifications in different regions to ensure minimal disruption to registrations or approvals.
Majors Targeted: A scientific or technical discipline is preferred
What You Need
- Currently working on completion of Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent; we will only consider students who plan be enrolled in a degree-seeking program after the summer
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA or above; must be the case at the date of hire and also will be verified during background check in the spring
- Must be permanent resident of the U.S. or U.S. citizen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Proficient on basic computer programs: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
How to Apply for Intern at Stryker;
Using the link below you can list all current intern positions and apply to the position that suits you.