Sam’s Club Internship Applications
You can find out about Sam’s Club current internship recruitment and apply at Sam’s Club the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at the world’s largest department store company!
2017 MBA Summer Intern: Merchandising Project Management
BENTONVILLE, AR – Merchandising and Sourcing
Merchandising and Online Operations
At the center of the Home Office team, the Merchandising organization uses part art and part science to select the best products to offer our customers and ensure they make their way to our stores on time and as efficiently as possible.
The Merchandising Process Improvement team assists the merchants by providing strategic recommendations and project support in order to achieve customer and company objectives.
This internship will immerse you into a variety of department across the business and allow you to collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify improvement opportunities. The role will integrate directly with merchant teams, central operations and logistics to provide project support on ongoing assignments.
Day to day functions would include some the following:
- Research, identify and analyze key performance metrics
- Gap analysis and overall strategy development
- Collect & analyze data and identify trends
- Make recommendations to support sustainable best practices
- Develop strategic communications and presentations for leadership teams
- Evaluate and advise internal requests for merchandise programs
- Leverage partnerships with strategic business leaders to identify opportunities for business growth
We are looking for students who are currently pursuing a Master’s of Business Administration from a top tier MBA program. This is a high energy environment where we solve tough problems and enjoy working with peers who are equally talented and passionate. Other qualifications include:
- Strong data analysis skills (Excel)
- Presentation creation and delivery skills (PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with process improvement and process mapping
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 2 – 4 years in retail consulting with an emphasis in planning and strategy development
- 2 – 4 years of professional work experience in retail, logistics, operations or innovations
- Six Sigma certification
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Today, nearly 260 million customers visit our more than 11,500 stores under 72 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce sites in 11 countries each week. With fiscal year 2016 revenue of $482.1 billion, Walmart employs 2.3 million associates worldwide – 1.5 million in the U.S. alone. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
How to Apply Internship in Sam’s Club
Sam’s Club accepts internship applications via the link below.