Safeway Internship Applications
You can find out about Safeway current internship recruitment and apply at Safeway the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at the world’s largest grocery stores!
As one of the most successful food and drug retailers in North America, Safeway offers a wealth of career opportunities for its employees to grow within the company. Whether you’re a college student looking to gain hands on experience in a corporate setting, or a recent graduate interested in starting your career in the exciting retail industry, Safeway is just the place for you to advance your career.
At Safeway, you can be sure that your ideas, skills and hard work will be valued and rewarded.
Available Internship Positions: Pharmacy Graduate Intern, IT Intern, Finance Intern, Summer Intern, Summer Pharmacy Intern
School’s out for the summer, so now what? Why not make money doing something you’re passionate about while working at a legendary brand in consumer products? Each summer they open Safeway corporate doors to college juniors and seniors looking to get a taste of the challenging, fast-paced retail industry at our corporate headquarters. The 9-12 week paid internship exposes you to all the things that happen beyond the stores.
Internships are not about filing papers and getting coffee. Get exposure to real projects where you work side by side with corporate colleagues contributing relevant work product and gaining hands on experience.
Specialized areas of opportunities include but not limited to:
- Product Development
- Marketing Research
- Information Technology
- Supply Chain
Interns also receive an interactive overview of the corporation via assignments, executive presentations, and team building activities.
- Undergraduate degree in progress, must be at least a junior status. (will consider recent graduates)
- Looking for students with strong academics and the ability to hit the ground running 3.0 or above GPA.
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving abilities
- Solid computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
Great Opportunities for Students
Whether you are just beginning your pharmacy education or launching your career as a pharmacist, Safeway has many opportunities for you to advantage.
They offer summer and annual internships in many of Safeway pharmacies. Safeway pharmacists will help you train to be a future community practitioner. Safeway internship program is designed to prepare students for the current and future realities of patient care in a rapidly changing health care environment.
A Pharmacy Internship will give you practical skills above and beyond your classroom experience. Depending on the location, intern learning goals may include:
- Develop interpersonal skills in relating to colleagues and patients and provide a high level of patient care services.
- Assess pharmacy practice conditions and recommend any necessary changes.
- Apply the concepts of Pharmacy Care in a variety of community settings.
- Understand how disease state management services can be implemented in a community pharmacy setting.
- Provide drug information and education to patients, caregivers, and other health care professionals.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of a flu vaccination clinic, as well as cholesterol, diabetes, or bone density testing or other specialty pharmacy care programs.
- Learn broader aspects of pharmacy management and its contribution in a grocery retail setting.
Safeway internship program is intended for those students interested in employment with Safeway as a pharmacist following graduation. To apply for an internship, you must be enrolled in a pharmacy school program and have fulfilled any state board of pharmacy licensing requirements.
Pharmacy Student Education Assistance Programs
Safeway provides financial assistance for pharmacy school students who are interested in working as licensed pharmacists for Safeway upon graduation. Amounts vary based on desired work location and employment standing.
Pharmacy Experiential Education Program
Safeway is proud to offer opportunities for introductory (IPPE) and advanced (APPE) pharmacy practice experiences. If interested, please connect your school’s experiential education coordinator with the appropriate regional pharmacy manager or recruiter, contact information for whom can be gained at the Safeway store in your desired location.
If you are a graduating or graduated pharmacy student, we are excited to have you launch your career at Safeway. We encourage you to explore our current list of opportunities. In some areas, we offer graduate internship hours until licensure.
How to Apply for Intern at Safeway;
Using the link below you can list all current intern positions and apply to the position that suits you.