NAPA Autoparts Internship Applications
You can find out about NAPA Autoparts current internship recruitment and apply at NAPA Autoparts the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at the world’s largest automotive service stores!
IT Program & Release Management Intern- Summer
Ready for a challenging and rewarding internship? This is your opportunity to work hands on with the leading automotive parts company and unleash your technology skills to move our business forward!
The RPM Program and Release Management Team at Genuine Parts Company encompasses program management, release planning, and deployment coordination of software across multiple environments including management of supporting processes. The candidate will be responsible for supporting this team by assisting with project plans, meeting management, action item follow-up, deployment activities, process improvements, vendor management, ticket management, and other related tasks. The ideal candidate is someone who wants to learn about project/program management as well as release management in an ERP-like environment.
- Support initiatives to improve release quality, deployment scalability, and customer experience before, during, and after change.
- Work with cross-functional teams (Development, Quality Assurance and Product Management) and stakeholders in other functional areas including Program Management, Release Engineering, Support, and Operations to support releases of varying size, complexity, and duration.
- Proactively identify and mitigate program risks and obstacles.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with project team members, management, and stakeholders.
- Track project tasks, follow up on open items, and report issues.
- Respond proactively to requests for information.
- Provide support to team by maintaining status updates for project plans.
- Assist in guiding the completion of root cause analysis to ensure issues do not recur.
- Assist with Lessons Learned sessions by capturing action items, conducting follow-ups, and assisting with communicating of learning/decisions.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field (recent graduates may also apply)
- Working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio and SharePoint.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Highly motivated and self-directed with the ability to see the long term vision.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
In the 1920’s, America fell in love with the automobile. More and more vehicles began traveling the roads, creating a need for an auto parts distribution system that could keep pace with the demand to keep our automobiles running. In 1925, NAPA was founded to meet those needs. Since then, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry. Fueled by the popularity of the automobile, our name can now be seen on over 5,800 stores, 58 distribution centers, and 13,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
Our 80 years of experience has made us an industry leader, but don’t let our age lead you to believe we can’t keep up with the changing times. We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
It’s an exciting time to join our team and we need people like you to help us accelerate our business into the future. Our growth depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of our employees. At NAPA, we want to continue to expand our presence, but at the heart of our business we just love automobiles. That’s probably one of the reasons you’re visiting this page. You share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.