Monsanto Internship Applications
You can find out about Monsanto current internship recruitment and apply at Monsanto the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at the Monsanto!
Available Internship Positions: Summer Intern, Chemical Engineering Intern, Communications Intern, Finance Intern, Field Sales Intern, MBA Intern, Sales Intern,
Apply Online Monsanto Intern Program
Our investments in research have led to real advancements in agricultural technology that will lead to healthier, hardier crops for farmers around the world. At the same time we are reducing agriculture’s impact on the planet. At Monsanto you’ll be part of a sustainable company focused on reducing our environmental impact and promoting conservation.
To qualify for Monsanto’s Internship or Co-op Program, students must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program at the Bachelors, Masters, or PhD level with an accredited College or University.
We encourage students that meet the following qualifications to apply for positions that meet their career interests:
- All degree levels (BS, MS and PhD)
- Sophomores (completion of 30+ credit hours) and above with a GPA of 3.0 or better. Students with freshman standing will be considered
- High interpersonal and communication skills, ability to interact well with a team, and the ability to work independently
- Self motivated individuals with strong detail and results orientation with demonstrated strong problem solving skills
- Ability and willingness to relocate for the duration of the Internship or Co-op assignment
- Legal authorization to work within the United States for the duration of their assignment
- Willingness and ability to successfully pass all pre-employment screenings, drug test and background check
Agricultural experience is not required for many of our roles. However, we do target the following majors:
- Business Administration
- Computational Biology
- Computer Science
- Crop and Soil Science
- Engineering — Agricultural, Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, Seed Process, and Structural
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Information Technology
- Intelligence Studies
- Molecular Biology
- Plant Pathology
- Supply Chain Management
Monsanto Intern, Co-op, and Trainee roles are paid positions. You are treated as a full-time employee, with access to the same technology, resources, events, and programs as the rest of our company. You will have the opportunity to meet people from around the globe to build your network. Most importantly, you’ll receive a realistic preview of what it is like to build your career and develop with Monsanto.
Additional benefits include:
- Experience with a global industry leader
- Bi-weekly salary
- Tuition reimbursement for Co-op students
- Relocation allowance for qualified students
- Training and Development
Monsanto has always embraced innovation and is focused on helping to build a better world. You can see it in our groundbreaking products and in our dynamic environment where your skills and your career can grow and develop. We know that every day, new ideas can come from anyone, anywhere. We expect you to share your opinions. At Monsanto you’ll be respected, you’ll contribute to the bottom line, and you’ll help farmers feed the world.
From day one, you will recognize that diversity is not a program or initiative at Monsanto; it’s the way we do business and one of the keys to our success. To sustain and grow our business across all world areas, we require diverse business perspectives and the flexibility to work with a variety of people wherever we conduct business. Our work must reflect and respect the cultures, ideas and interests of all the consumers we serve and the communities we touch.
Monsanto is regularly honored with awards recognizing our employees’ innovation, leadership, and workplace satisfaction. This recognition generally reflects feedback provided by our employees and others in the respective communities. Monsanto has been recognized as a Great Place to Work, World’s Most Admired Company, World’s Best Multinational Workplace, and Top 50 Company for Diversity, amongst others. Visit our awards page to view our most recent recognitions.
Experience our culture firsthand by hearing from our students.
Training and Development
As an Intern or Co-op at Monsanto, you will participate in a variety of training opportunities both in person and online. As part of your experience, you will have the opportunity to participate in:
- New Hire Orientation: a two-day program designed to acclimate you to Monsanto’s history, culture, and business
- Tours: visit our research centers, productions facilities, and other sites to learn how Monsanto does business
- Seminars and Guest Lectures: hear from Monsanto’s leaders about what it takes to be successful with our company and build a career with us
- Monsanto University: a collection of over 8,000 online courses and tutorials for you to build your skills portfolio
- Networking events: meet individuals from across the organization and start building long-term relationships. You will receive notifications from our Diversity and Inclusion business resource groups about opportunities to socialize with colleagues in and away from the office
Monsanto is dedicated to helping you grow and develop. As an Intern or Co-op, you will take ownership of projects that impact our bottom line. Your projects and your progress with us will be evaluated through a formal performance evaluation at the middle and end of your program. In addition, you will receive coaching from your Manager throughout your term. You will be evaluated on your ability to deliver results against our five core competencies:
- Results Orientation: operational excellence, overcome obstacles
- Courage and Candor: maintain integrity, offer objective feedback, stand for beliefs
- Relationship and Networks: expand your network, collaborate, promote inclusion
- Initiative and Foresight: anticipate and plan for the future, take action
- Agility: adapt quickly to change, work with ambiguity well
Students who deliver results will be rewarded. At the conclusion of your assignment, your Manager will make recommendations to our Talent Acquisition team about your potential as a full-time employee. High potential students who are eligible for hire will be offered full-time employment to vacant positions, invited to return for another Internship or Co-op assignment, recommended for a Trainee role, or added to our prospect pool for future roles that may become available. Your Manager will discuss your achievements with you and your future with Monsanto so you know what to expect before returning to school.
How to Apply
Our recruitment cycle typically runs August-December each year. Online applications for all Internship, Co-op, and Trainee roles for the coming year are available August 1 of the current year with the majority of offers extended by the end of December. The interview process may include phone screens, one-on-one and panel interviews, and a skills test. Throughout this process, we want to make sure that we learn more about your skills and career goals as well as provide you with an understanding of our business so we can both find the best fit.
Meet us at an event:
- Monsanto visits campuses from August through November each year. To find out if we are visiting your school, search our Event Calendar.
Create a talent profile:
- Visit our job search page and click on “My Account Options.”
- Click “New User” to create a username and password.
- Follow the prompts to update your personal information, including prior work experience and job notification preferences. Don’t forget to upload your current resume.
Search for opportunities:
Apply online to open requisitions:
- Click a job title to review the specific duties and responsibilities for that position. If you meet the qualifications for the role, click “Apply Online” and sign in to use the talent profile that you’ve created. Please note that Monsanto will only consider you for roles for which you have applied online. We do not accept paper or e-mail submissions. You should apply directly to individual requisitions in addition to creating your talent profile.
How to Apply for Intern at Monsanto;
Using the link below you can list all current intern positions and apply to the position that suits you.