Macy’s Internship Applications
You can find out about Macy’s current internship recruitment and apply at Macy’s the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at Macy’s!
It’s difficult to know if a retail career is a good fit for you until you try it on for size. With a Macy’s internship, you’ll get that chance.
At Macy’s, we offer a range of internship programs for a variety of majors and interests. Each is tailored to specific organizational positions and career paths, providing you with in-depth knowledge, hands-on experience and interaction with senior leadership. More importantly, regardless of the business area you choose, from day one you’ll be welcomed as a contributing team member—a full participant in company operations and initiatives. We welcome your ideas.
Lastly, all Macy’s internships are paid positions offered during the summer months. So you’ll not only be learning, you’ll be earning. We believe that’s a good fit for everyone.
Store Management Internship Program — San Jose, CA
The Store Management Summer Internship is a structured 8-week program designed to strengthen your leadership skills & business acumen and give you the opportunity to test drive a career in managing people & business. In this role, you will be exposed to operational areas including, but not limited to customer service, store operations, associate development, human resources, visual merchandising, loss prevention, and district management.
Upon successful completion of the internship, and with your store’s recommendation, you may be offered a position to join us in your career after graduation as a Store Management Executive Development Program Trainee.
- Work through weekly assignments, and prepare a capstone business-driving project & presentation with a mentor.
- Experience all facets of running a multi-million dollar department store through cross-functional departmental and operational exposures.
- Attend one of our regional Intern Summits, an opportunity to learn more about our business and meet fellow interns.
- Assist with creating a customer-focused selling environment by assisting with coaching and developing a team of associates.
- Assist with driving sales & profit through a range of different activities, including: assisting in the daily operation of our stores, training & coaching associates, and analyzing trends alongside business partners who influence merchandise selections that better meet our customers’ needs.
- Interact with store manager and field merchant teams to obtain greater insight to the multitude of career opportunities available in our organization.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
To be eligible for our internship, you should be in your sophomore or junior year, on your way to earning a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. A cumulative 3.0 GPA minimum is preferred. All majors will be considered for this opportunity.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read, write and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
Above average mathematical skills, including the ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages, and the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to promote teamwork through problem-solving and managing complex relationships.
This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking. May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. May involve close vision, color, vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment. Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse. Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, self-motivation, professional business ethics, assertiveness, and an aptitude for helping others solve problems.
Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
How to Apply for Intern at Macy’s;
Using the link below you can list all current intern positions and apply to the position that suits you.