General Mills Internship Applications
You can find out about General Mills current internship recruitment and apply at General Mills the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at the General Mills!
Available Internship Positions: Summer Intern, Archives Department Internship.
Apply Online General Mills Intern Program
An internship at General Mills is your chance to be part of a fun and collaborative team. Our robust projects give you the opportunity to make an immediate impact as you learn and grow in preparation for your future. During your internship, you will interact with senior leaders, build a professional network, and create lasting friendships with other interns working throughout our organization.
Internships are available in all areas of our business, from sourcing to manufacturing to brand marketing. On average, our internships are 10-12 weeks long and occur during the May – August timeframe. Recruiting for our interns starts the fall before they would join the team.
Archives Department Internship
Two part-time intern positions available at the General Mills Archives, working 20 hours per week to catalog and process assets in our collection. Working hours are flexible within the business hours of Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This assignment begins in early September 2017 and ends in May of 2018.
As a member of the Archives team, you will process and catalog archival assets using Sydney Plus software, and use archival preservation techniques to house and store assets. You will assist with research requests, and curation of exhibits and displays as needed. You will provide access and guidance for individuals looking to utilize archival assets and information, and assist with other projects or tours and events as needed.
- Enrolled in an archival, library or information science program with an expected graduation date of May 2018 or after.
- Experience with archival processing and cataloging.
- Ability to lift and maneuver 40-50 pound boxes
- Experience working with copiers, scanners, digital media such as CDs, online catalogs, as well as computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong research skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and ask questions.
- Ability to maintain focus while working on several projects at once.
- Strong verbal, written, organizational, time management and interpersonal communication skills.
- Use museum and archival best practices for handling, storing, and preserving assets.
- Maintain confidentiality as well as follow corporate policies.
- Willingness to learn new tasks and programs.
- Excellent customer service skills.
How to Apply for Intern at General Mills;
Using the link below you can list all current intern positions and apply to the position that suits you.