FirstEnergy Internship Applications
You can find out about FirstEnergy current internship recruitment and apply at FirstEnergy the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at the FirstEnergy!
Available Internship Positions: Summer Intern
Apply Online FirstEnergy Intern Program
FirstEnergy’s comprehensive Co-op/Intern Program offers talented college students the opportunity to explore future career paths while gaining valuable on-the-job experience. Because students leave the program with the knowledge, skills and experience necessary for a career with FirstEnergy, they are often considered for full-time employment with the company after graduation.
Co-op and Internship opportunities are available in the fall, spring and summer, across a variety of academic disciplines and company locations.
Program highlights include:
- New student orientation session to introduce students to the program’s structure, expectations and resources available at FirstEnergy
- Development sessions designed to help improve professional skills in areas that are important for business success
- An assigned coach from the student’s work group who provides guidance and helps the student better understand the company
- Facility tours, networking activities and community service projects
- End-of-session presentations that highlight students’ accomplishments
They seek students majoring in the following academic disciplines:
- Engineering: civil, computer, electrical, mechanical and nuclear
- Construction management
- Information Technology: computer science, computer information systems, information technology, management information systems and all IT related majors
- Supply Chain
To be eligible for our program:
- You must currently be enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program at an accredited college/university as a sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student
- Engineering majors must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA; all other majors require a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- You must be able to relocate, if necessary, to an area within FirstEnergy’s corporate footprint
- Must not require sponsorship now or in the future. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States
FirstEnergy co-op/internship positions are paid competitive rates and a housing stipend is available for all students living more than 50 miles from their FirstEnergy work location.
At FirstEnergy, we embrace diversity of thought, value individuality and encourage new perspectives. Further, we are committed to developing a diverse workforce, reflective of the communities we serve, by recruiting and retaining talented employees from a variety of backgrounds. Click here to learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply for Intern at FirstEnergy;
Using the link below you can list all current intern positions and apply to the position that suits you.