Duane Reade Internship Applications
You can find out about Duane Reade current internship recruitment and apply at Duane Reade the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at the Duane Reade!
Available Internship Positions: Summer Intern, Pharmacy Intern
Apply Online Duane Reade Intern Program
Since 1960—from our first successful full-service drugstore on Broadway between Duane and Reade Streets in Manhattan—Duane Reade has grown to become the most recognized drugstore chain in metropolitan New York. In 2010, Duane Reade became part of the Walgreens family of companies and today our stores carry an extensive assortment of pharmacy items as well as vitamins, nutritional products, cosmetics, greeting cards and photo processing.
Learn to provide the best patient experience through assisting the pharmacist and pharmacy team members in accordance with state and federal regulations.
Responsible for using pharmacy systems to obtain patient and drug information and process prescriptions.
Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer experience.
Learns and champions pharmacy policy, procedures, and customer service best practices needed to perform as a future pharmacist.
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.).
- Develops strong relationships with customers.
- Learn from store and pharmacy team members, field leadership, team members and customers/patients
- Under the supervision by the pharmacist, assist in the practice of pharmacy, in accordance with state, federal, and company policy. Reviews and complies with the Walgreen Co. Pharmacy Code of Conduct.
- Performs duties as assigned and supervised by the pharmacist in accordance with Walgreens standard operating procedures for entering, third party processing, filling, and dispensing prescriptions.
- Assists pharmacists and other healthcare providers in delivering patient care and services that are within the state scope of practice for pharmacy interns including patient counseling and other health services (i.e. blood pressure, medication therapy management).
- Immediately reports prescription errors to pharmacist on duty and adheres to Company policies and procedures in relation to pharmacy errors and the Quality Improvement Program.
- Strictly adheres to the Walgreen Co. policy regarding Good Faith Dispensing
- Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales on assigned cash register, collects and handles cash as required. Takes customer to OTC aisle when possible to assist in locating products.
- Handles telephone calls that do not require personal attention of the pharmacist, including those to physicians.
- Assists and supports Pharmacy Department on inventory management activities, such as, ordering, unpacking, checking and storing shipment of pharmaceuticals. Maintains knowledge of Company asset protection techniques, and files claims for warehouse overages (merchandise received, but not billed), shortages (merchandise billed, but not received), order errors or damaged goods involving Rx drugs.
- Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring the Pharmacy Department is stocked with adequate supplies, clean, neat and orderly in condition and appearance.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Complete special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
How to Apply for Intern at Duane Reade;
Using the link below you can list all current intern positions and apply to the position that suits you.