Dollar General Internship Applications
You can find out about Dollar General’s current internship recruitment and apply at
the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at the world’s largest retail stores!
Dollar General Internship
Let’s Grow Together! We are a fast-moving Fortune 200 publicly-traded company with more than 13,000 stores and 14 distribution centers in 43 states, growing by hundreds of stores each year. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation and teamwork. At Dollar General, you can see a clear and fast path to career growth and success. We are committed to attracting talented and motivated people who can advance our mission of “Serving Others.”
The intern will partner with Management to work on special projects. During this time the intern will help manage and streamline day to day operations timely receipt, stocking, order filling, and shipment of merchandise. Duties can also include supervising employees who operate rolling stock equipment and/or automated equipment
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct start-up meetings to communicate daily volume and safety topic of the week.
- Utilizes Standard Operating Procedures to resolve and correct problems; communicates issues to members of management for the assigned department.
- Utilizes Productivity Improvement Plan process to identify improvement areas.
- Reviews quality measurements and reports status to a member of management for the assigned department.
- Reviews quality measurements and reports status to reporting member of management for the assigned department.
- Maintains positive employee relations and maintains employee records on a daily basis.
- Supports safety programs to reduce or eliminate employee injuries
- Will report weekly to members of Management on current status of project and overall performance.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated employee relations skills and skills necessary to assist employees in conflict resolution and one-to-one communication.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Undergraduate or graduate business student with/or pursuing major in Supply Chain Management.
- Solid analytical skills and self-motivated.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- Handle multiple activities simultaneously and ensure accurate and timely completion of tasks.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Tools: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution center to monitor the flow of merchandise.
- Exposure to dust varied lighting and noise.
- Some heavy lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling may be required to assist employees when necessary.
How to Apply Internship in Dollar General
Dollar General accepts internship applications via the link below.