Costco Summer Internship Applications
You can find out about Costco’s current internship recruitment and apply at the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at the world’s largest department stores!
2017 Summer IT Internship Program
Deadline for All Applications – March 2nd, 2017 4:00pm PST
Description of position
This is a TEMPORARY position. The IT Division is inviting students currently enrolled in an IT undergraduate or graduate program at a community college, college or university to participate in a 12-week intern program during the summer of 2017. Interns will work within specific areas in Costco’s Information Systems Division. In addition, they will attend presentations given by various members of Executive Management from IS and other areas of the Company.
Interns will be responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses. Housing is not provided.
Tasks and responsibilities
- All Costco Summer I.T. Interns are expected to intern full-time for the entire term of the program of 12 weeks (not to exceed 90 days)
- Interns will be expected to work from approximately 8am – 5pm, Monday-Friday (schedule may vary by team).
- The Summer 2017 internship term runs from June 19, 2017 – September 8, 2017 (dates may be adjusted to accommodate different college schedules).
Required skills and abilities
- Must be maintaining a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must be students currently enrolled in an IT undergraduate or graduate program at a community college, college or university.
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- Costco warehouse or retail experience a plus.
All Costco Summer IT Intern Program participants must provide the following:
1. Current Resume
2. Cover Letter / Essay must include: Your answer should be between 300-500 words in length.
In no more than 500 words, please describe why you are interested in applying for the Costco Summer I.T. Intern Program, what you expect to gain from participating in the program and how it may impact your future goals. Please include one or more examples of how you have already applied your skills, other than as a classroom assignment.
3. Internship Questionnaire (included in application) – all questions must be answered
4. Two Letters of Recommendation with email addresses and phone numbers (from professors, managers or supervisors, not friends, co-workers or family)
NOTE: Applications will not be considered complete until all 5 documents are submitted.
Please make sure you have all required documents ready to upload before you begin the application process.
How to Apply Internship in Costco
Costco accepts internship applications via the link below.