Caterpillar Internship Applications
You can find out about Caterpillar current internship recruitment and apply at Caterpillar the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at the Caterpillar!
US Corporate Internsip Program
From the start, our interns are challenged to build what matters.
Caterpillar’s Corporate Intern Program gives students the opportunity to gain practical, challenging and meaningful on-the-job work experience, while working for the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. We don’t just build great products, we pair them with the newest digital technologies and analytics to solve problems and anticipate customer needs.
Internship opportunities are available in Accounting, Communications, Engineering, Environmental Health & Safety, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Manufacturing, Marketing, Procurement and Revenue/Pricing Management. Your interest, course of study and the availability of openings determine the possibilities
Perks of the program include:
- Organized social activities, such as sporting events, riverboat cruises and intern barbeques
- Teambuilding events and etiquette to enhance your business savvy
- Facility tours that show you how iron is made and machines are produced
- Networking with leadership and other professionals
- Learning more about career opportunities available at Caterpillar
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.8/4.0 (no rounding) or 3.0/4.0 depending on functional area
- Full-time student (12 semester hours) attending a four-year university and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- If transferred from a two-year university, have completed 12 semester hours at the four-year university prior to the start of the internship
- Be legally authorized to work in the United States
Compensation and Benefits
Corporate interns are well compensated with a competitive salary, paid holidays and three paid days off per internship session. Compensation is based on the number of semester hours that you have completed toward your undergraduate/graduate degree or PhD. Corporate interns can also take advantage of employee discounts on Caterpillar merchandise, cell phone service, computers and more.
Keeping You Here
When your assignment ends, there is a good chance that your connection with Caterpillar will continue. Many of our interns get infused with yellow blood and join Team Caterpillar either directly or by joining one of our developmental programs. You could also join us for another internship to learn even more about Caterpillar. Get to know us and choose the path that is right for you.
How to Apply for Intern at Caterpillar;
Interested candidates should check with their university career services or placement office about Caterpillar recruiting opportunities. To view a list of openings or to apply, submit your online application and resume through caterpillar.com/careers.
Using the link below you can list all current intern positions and apply to the position that suits you.