Big Lots Internship Applications
You can find out about Big Lots current internship recruitment and apply at Big Lots the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at the world’s largest department store company!
We’re looking to build a future with you!
If you want to explore the dynamics of the retail industry in a supportive, challenging setting, these programs are for you! We have a 12-week program at our General Office in Columbus, Ohio. Your experience will be fun, rewarding, fast-paced, and will help you meet your career potential.
General Office Paid Internships
Big Lots internships are a great way to experience the Big Lots culture and grow as a professional. Jump start your career by gaining hands-on experience in your chosen field through group activities with fellow interns, individual presentations, and meaningful projects. Paid internships are available in a variety of disciplines, including Accounting, Marketing, IT, Human Resources, Merchandising, and Operations.
- Proofing copy, signs, ADs (circular), Emails, spreadsheets and other necessary content
- Assist in creating and proofing of Store Communications
- Assist in pulling competitive data as it might relate to in-store Marketing and Merchandise presentation as well as AD data
- Conduct Competitive analysis in local market to present to cross-functional teams
- Assist Marketing, Store Communications and Merchandise Presentation teams on special projects as needed
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited university
- Preferred majors: Marketing, Communications, English or Business
- Rising junior or rising senior standing
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Previous work or internship experience preferred
- Involvement in student campus leadership preferred
- Comfortable in an exploratory environment with evolving priorities
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite preferred
- Ability to work full-time, 40 hours/ week for the duration of the program
- Ability to support students on F1 Visas, with the proper documentation of a CPT or OPT work authorization
How to Apply for Intern at Big Lots;
Using the link below you can list all current intern positions and apply to the position that suits you.