Alphabet Internship Applications
You can find out about Alphabet current internship recruitment and apply at Alphabet the same time. You can review the application process for the internship program and get detailed information about the department you want to apply for. Catch a chance to make a difference in your career by doing an internship at the Alphabet!
Available Internship Positions: Summer Intern
Apply Online Alphabet Intern Program
Engineering Practicum Intern, Summer 2017
Applications are currently closed for this role.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: New York, NY, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Pittsburgh, PA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Irvine, CA, USA; San Bruno, CA, USA
The Engineering Practicum (EP) program is a 12-week developmental opportunity for first and second-year undergraduate students with a passion for technology—especially students from historically underrepresented groups including women, Native American, Black, Latino, Veteran and students with disabilities.
Our unique internship offers the opportunity to work on a software project alongside other EP interns and full-time Googlers, and gives you the chance to bridge the gap between academic understanding and practical professional experience.
Interns will experience Google’s innovative office culture by working in one of our US offices and in product areas including but not limited to Advertising, Geo, Mobile, Chrome/Apps, Technical Infrastructure, YouTube, Search, and more.
The program is open to all qualified first and second-year undergraduate university students who meet the below criteria. Students must be available for a 12-week internship from May 2017 to August 2017 or June 2017 to September 2017.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Project: Complete a challenging technical project where you’ll get to build solutions and get exposure to immense scale and complexity.
- Enrichment: Attend technical talks by senior Googlers, gain insight into technical interview preparation, learn about Google coding practices and technologies, and develop other skills that will set you up for success.
- Mentorship: Receive coaching and mentorship from Google engineers to guide you through your summer experience.
- Make Connections: Build personal networks and friendships with a diverse group of students who share your passion for technology.
BEFORE YOU APPLY, please read these instructions:
Step 1: Complete 2017 Eng Practicum Essay Questions (each essay should be 200 words or less):
1. How were you first introduced to CS? How have you continued to develop your technical skills and seek additional exposure to the field?
2. Tell us about a time you’ve used your strongest coding language. Please go into detail about how you used this technical language. If talking about a group project, be specific about your role in the final product. (Examples can include projects, coursework, competitions, websites, previous internships, etc.)
3. At Google, we believe that a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. Tell us about your background and experiences and how they make you unique.
4. Please list the technical courses you’ll be taking next semester. If you haven’t registered for classes yet, please list the courses you plan on taking.
5. Please list any clubs and/or organizations that you participate in.
*Your essay responses should be combined with your resume to create ONE PDF ATTACHMENT—this should be added the “Resume Section” listed below.
Step 2: Click on the “Apply Now” button on this page to provide the following required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred):
- In the “Resume Section:” attach an updated resume AND answers to the essay questions (please upload the resume and essays together as ONE document) in English.
- In the “Education Section:” attach a current unofficial or official transcript in English. (Under “Degree Status,” select “Now attending” to upload a transcript.)
- For first-year students, who do not have final grades, please provide a transcript or course list with your current classes.
- Must be a first-year or second-year student (freshman or sophomore) currently attending a 4-year Bachelor’s program, majoring or intending to major in computer science or related technical field.
- First-year students must have taken one Computer Science course by end of first semester. (AP or IB Computer Science is acceptable).
- Must be completing their Bachelor’s program between April 2019 and August 2020.
- Must be attending an undergraduate university in North America.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Java, Python, C, or C++.
Second-year students should have taken two Computer Science courses.
How to Apply for Intern at Alphabet;
Using the link below you can list all current intern positions and apply to the position that suits you.